I stumbled upon a game of Blog Tag when reading one of the blogs I follow: mypenandme. The way the game works is I have to reveal 10 things about myself and then tag 10 other bloggers I would like to know more about. This is a cool idea to help bloggers learn more about each other and I am flattered to be included. So here are my realities:
1) I write for the joy of writing… my blog, journals for every purpose, poetry,
short stories, novels, and I would love to write a screenplay. I’ve considered
myself a writer since I was 8 years old.
2) I’m a dreamer, an idealist, I am glass half-full; I believe the goal SHOULD be
to create a life for yourself that is fairytale- like. (My husband always tells me,
“Life is not a fairy tale, Donna”) Why not? Happily ever after is not a bad
thing to aspire to.
3) I have written 3 novels… two I consider publishable, though I have not had
luck in getting them published, and lots & lots of poetry, which, some I have
published. Currently looking for an agent for my work. If you find any who
are looking for me… feel free to share my info!
4) I am also a teacher; I didn’t always aspire to be a teacher. In fact, it was
my college advisor, Richard Russo (yes, the author!) who, when I told him
all I really wanted to be was a writer, said, “Donna, you need a job!” He
suggested teaching, and I have never looked back. Thank you, Richard
Russo, you helped me reach for a calling I might never have heard w/o
you & I believe I will be teaching until I stop working altogether. It is
such a rewarding job. I get to do what I love and get paid for it.
5) My favorite books are those I can get lost in. I mean literally lost in, as in
I wish I were in the stories or I imagine that I actually am!
6) I’m a film buff; I like non-linear, psychological films that resonate for days
after the film has ended, but I’ll watch almost anything (though Sci-Fi and
Westerns are my least fave!)
7) I think all artists have a darkness about them where their creativity comes from.
I am no exception.
8) I truly wish for world peace and pray I’m not here to see the world end.
9) I believe in past lives. I know I lived in England and on Cape Cod. I feel it
each time I’m there. And there are people I know with whom I have shared
a past life. This isn’t even a hunch; I know it in my soul.
10) The beach is the one place I feel totally at peace. I envision myself living on
a beach, writing as my primary career, and teaching at a university as my
second career. THERE! I’ve said it. I’ve put it out there for all the world to
… just creating my reality one belief at a time!
And here are the bloggers I follow whom I’d like to learn more about. I hope you’ll accept my invitation to play!