I’m not really the award winning type. Though I’ve had Sally Field visions of an acceptance speech that goes something like… “They like me. They really like me.”
In this case, it’s more “They really like my work,” and that’s exactly what I’ve been aiming for. So, yes, I accept this award and am humbled by your nomination, with a side of serendipity. Thank you!
The Liebster Award is an unofficial award that is passed through the blogging community from blogger to blogger– there is no overseeing authority, no prize money or anything official really: it’s pure blog (ger) love, which is pretty awesome.
So, should you choose to accept my nomination, as I pay it forward, there are some protocols to follow:
1. List 11 random facts about you.
2. Answer questions asked of you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
4. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
5. Notify the bloggers of their award.
So… here goes!!
1. I love to travel and my favorite places are Cape Cod and England– the only two places I’ve even been that I never want to leave. I get this sinking, pit-in-my-stomach feeling when I do.
2. The first story I ever wrote was called “Blinky: The Camera.” I wrote it at age 8 when I was people watching at a train station waiting for my parents to return from vacation. I still have the story.
3. I love looking at old pictures imagining the stories that go along w/ them
4. I don’t write as much as I want to.
5. I’m short and I hate it now more than I ever have.
6. I don’t like peas. They are the only vegetable I won’t eat.
7. Number 6 was the first random fact I wrote. That’s as random as it gets!
8. My favorite sense is scent. And my favorite scent is fresh air dried bed linens.
9. I LOVE reality TV. It’s my guilty pleasure. I think what I like about it is that it’s other people’s drama.
10. If I had a superpower, it would be to recall the people in my past lives and recognize them consciously in this one.
Answers to Nominator’s Questions
1. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is shower. I never feel awake until I do.
2. I write because it’s not a choice. It’s like breathing for me.
3. My favorite song at the moment is Just Give Me a Reason by PINK featuring Nate Ruess
4. BOTH Poetry and Prose. I go in phases between writing poetry and novel writing. I’ve tried writing a screenplay, but haven’t completed one, YET. I don’t like to write short fiction.
5. If I could have coffee with any person, dead or alive, famous or not, I would choose my grandmother because I miss her so much.
6. My favorite sports team is any team my kids play on. They have played/do play ice hockey and lacrosse. I’m a great fan of my children’s sports, not so much the professional ones.
7. My comfort food is without doubt pizza. I could eat it every day!
8. Vocation all the way. I’m a teacher and a writer– emphasis on the word AM.
9. I ONLY write in my native language; although, even that seems foreign to some, sometimes
10. The last movie I saw was Safe Haven, and I loved it. I so didn’t see the end coming.
11. What inspires me? Everything. Hence the motif of my blog: Mirror Muses.
The Blogs I Nominate
Reel Club- because I love movies ALMOST as much as Kate
Sass & Balderdash – besides the amazing title of her blog, she’s relevant
12 Novels – a fellow writer and NaNoWriMo-er
Cristian Mihai- he’s honest and writes deep
Teacher Girl Blogs – because I can relate to her
The Write Frame of Mind - fellow writer whom I admire and his advice has been helpful
Classroom as Microcosm – she makes me think as a teacher, woman, and writer
My Write Side – I enjoy this writer’s work
Jennifer Brown, Writer – I can relate & she has some good writing tips, too
mypenandme- seems like a really cool person w/ unique perspectives
Ray Ferrer-Emotion on Canvas – visually stimulating
My Questions for the Nominees
1. What inspired you to begin blogging?
2. If you could choose any career in the world, what would it be and why?
3. Morning person or night owl?
4. How old were you when you began writing?
5. Identify any character in a novel you’ve read that you’d like to meet.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
7. What is the most interesting place you’ve even been?
8. What is your preferred writing genre?
9. What film would you recommend your worst enemy to see?
10. What do you NOT want the world to know about you?
11. Which of these questions was the most difficult to answer?